The Southern Vet Group is seeking expressions of interest from both graduate and experienced Veterinarians to join our growing team. Our three clinics (including two ASAVA accredited hospitals) are situated in the southern suburbs of Adelaide and are modern, well-equipped and support high medical, surgical and rehabilitation caseloads.
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science or equivalent
- Be eligible to register with the Veterinary Surgeons Board of South Australia.
- A dedication to providing gold standard animal care.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to create, maintain and enhance client relationships.
- A desire to grow your medical knowledge, surgical and diagnostic imaging skills.
About the role:
- A competitive above award salary commensurate with experience
- A flexible full-time roster that supports a work-life balance
- VSBSA registration and EPA radiation licence
- VIN membership
- A generous CPD allowance
- The opportunity to enjoy all aspects of general practice and nurture an area of clinical interest including soft tissue and orthopaedic surgery, dermatology, imaging (radiography, CT, ultrasonography, endoscopy, laparoscopy and arthroscopy), ophthalmology, neurology and dentistry.
- Daily hospital rounds and team collaboration on cases.
- A passionate and hard-working nursing team who deliver high levels of patient and client care and hands-on support.
- Access to an on-site mental health first-aider and employee assistance program.
- Sponsorship and relocation assistance is available for eligible international and interstate candidates.
For a new graduate:
Our supportive culture and large medicine, surgical and emergency caseload is the ideal environment for a graduate entering clinical practice. We believe our graduates get a fundamental start to their career through structured consults, mentor guidance and surgical training. Experience a fast-paced hospital environment with a large and highly experienced team, many who started their own graduate journey with the group. Inspired to find out more? We welcome placements to give a graduate the best insight to what we can offer. Please contact us for more information.
Our equipment includes CT, Digital X-ray facilities, fluoroscopy, full IDEXX laboratory, touch screen Cardell anaesthetic monitoring equipment including capnography, ECG, video endoscopy, bronchoscopy, surgical laparoscopy, colour flow Doppler ultrasound, TTO equipment and full IM3 dental suite.
Adelaide is listed as one of the most liveable cities. Our sites are located within a short distance to beautiful coastlines, famous wine regions and the CBD with its thriving education, arts, sport and food scenes. Explore art and cultural and sport events throughout the year including Adelaide Fringe, Clipsal 500, WOMADelaide, and Illuminate. There is plenty to explore to promote a flexible work-life balance that is actively supported.
Whether you are already in practice and seeking a change, newly graduated or due to graduate this year, and you think you are the right fit to join our enthusiastic and growing team then we would love to hear from you. For further information, to arrange a visit or to apply, please email a resume and cover letter for the attention of Dr Philip Hutt to email@example.com
The Southern Vet Group are seeking new expressions of interest to join our growing nursing team. Our Veterinary nurses are like no other and are passionate about providing the best level of patient care and customer service. We don’t always hire for experience but for the right approach, attitude, and team fit.
To be shortlisted, you must:
- Be prepared to be rostered an average of 35 hours a week over a 7-day rolling roster including early morning shifts, afternoon/evening shifts weekends and public holidays.
- Be aware that our nurses can work over their rostered shift and may sometimes have a later finish to meet the needs of our patients under our care.
- Be flexible to be rostered across our group to work in all three sites (Morphett Vale, Mitchell Park and Plympton) to cover rosters and participate in training opportunities. Own transport, a driving licence and a less than 30–45-minute commute is recommended.
- Be organised and able to time manage applicable study or continuing professional development alongside on-the-job training.
- Be prepared to be on your feet for your entire shift and confidently handle emergency/unpredictable and sometimes emotional situations.
- Enjoy cleaning and keeping busy to maintain our high hospital standards and provide the very best care to our patients as if they were your own pet.
- Be committed to continued learning and feedback to be the best you can be through roles in customer service, animal care, surgery and medical nursing.
Whether you are considering a career in veterinary nursing, you are enrolled in animal related study or are already studying/completing Certificate IV Veterinary Nursing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org a cover letter and resume or drop your resume into one of our clinics and our People and Culture Manager will get in touch to discuss your suitability.